What is Gaming Club?
Gaming Club is a place for "general nerdiness" - and proud of it. There is a major focus on tabletop gaming like Dungeons and Dragons, but there's plenty of room for folks who like to play card games, enjoy social/multiplayer console gaming, or just sit back and enjoy some anime.
Did Somebody Say Console Games!?
Yep! A student may opt to bring in his/her own system, controllers, and an assortment of games for the enjoyment of club members. Game selections may not be excessively violent or contain excessive sex or drug references (no MA rated games), and should be multiplayer capable.
Who Can Join Gaming Club?
Anyone who attends MVHS (or who attended MVHS and now attends the KCCC) who is interested! You should be someone who enjoys gaming and associated aspects of the gaming culture, and wanting to connect with others who share that interest.
When and Where is Gaming Club?
Gaming club meets according to the schedule at the top of the page. For the most part, this is every other Tuesday of the month, unless school breaks or other major events interfere. The club is held in Mr. Peyton's room - 221 - from 3PM to 5PM.
What are the Rules of Gaming Club?
Because Gaming Club happens on school property, the rules and guidelines of the MVHS Student Handbook apply, as well as:
- Respect and treat others as you would expect to be treated. This extends to your/their property. Bullying will not be tolerated.
- Respect the space we have been allowed to use. Leave it as you found it, and if you make a mess, clean it up.
- Three strikes and you will end up on a "Wanted" poster, and can not return to Gaming Club without permission from Mr. Peyton.
Should I Bring Anything to Gaming Club?
Besides yourself, if you plan on focusing on tabletop gaming (D&D, etc.), you will want to bring:
- An open mind and a good attitude.
- A pencil (with a good eraser) and some blank paper.
- A set of gaming dice (D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20, and Percentile) that you can identify as your own.